|Use(s) :||Killing and harming monsters|
|Affected creatures :||See full list below|
Silver is a metallic chemical element known for its effectiveness against many supernatural creatures.
Effects on creaturesEdit
- Djinn - A djinn can be killed with a silver knife dipped in lamb's blood. (What Is and What Should Never Be onwards)
- Fairies - Silver burns "dark fairies" like leprechauns upon touch. (Clap Your Hands If You Believe...)
- Lamia - A lamia can be killed by a silver knife blessed by a priest. (Weekend at Bobby's)
- Pishtaco - Can be killed with silver. (The Purge)
- Revenants - Revenants can apparently be immobilised using silver spikes. (Southern Comfort)
- Shapeshifters - Silver burns shapeshifters' skin, and shooting or stabbing a shifter in the heart will kill it. (Skin onwards)
- Skinwalkers - Like their werewolf cousin, skinwalkers can be harmed and killed by silver, and silver bindings can also more effectively restrain them. (All Dogs Go to Heaven)
- Vetala - Stabbing a vetala with silver and then twisting the silver weapon in the vetala's body will kill the vetala. (Adventures in Babysitting)
- Werewolves - Silver is harmful to werewolves and can burn if it breaks their skin, and shooting or stabbing a werewolf with silver will kill it. (Heart onwards)
- Wraiths - Wraiths have an extreme weakness to silver; physical contact with silver burns a wraith's skin, and a wraith can be killed by fatal injuries inflicted with silver. (Sam, Interrupted, Bloodlines)
- Zombies - A silver stake to the heart can kill a zombie, and silver shots will also slightly weaken zombies. (Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester)
Silver has often been associated in cultures' lore with the moon and purity and also with water. It is thought of in European folklore as an antidote to supernatural monsters and various ailments. It was believed that when a werewolf is in its bestial state, silver is the one thing capable of killing it. Silver was also said to be able to repel if not kill vampires and other undead creatures.
- Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
- What Is and What Should Never Be
- Lazarus Rising
- Monster Movie
- Jump the Shark
- Sam, Interrupted
- Exile on Main St.
- Two and a Half Men
- Weekend at Bobby's
- All Dogs Go to Heaven
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe...
- Adventures in Babysitting
- Pac-Man Fever
- The Purge